13th- 19th april
- Egypt: Mubarak remains locked up despite court order to release him– Le Parisien– 15/04/2013 (Egypte : un tribunal ordonne la libération de Moubarak qui reste détenu)
A Cairo court has ordered Monday the parole of former President Hosni Mubarak, on trial for the deaths of hundreds of protesters and corruption. But he remains in custody for other cases.
- Bahrain GP: The BBC explains the background to the protests– BBC– 16/04/2013
As Formula 1 returns to Bahrain this week, protesters in the tiny Gulf state have once again threatened to disrupt the annual Grand Prix.
- The Syrian opposition demands Lebanon to prevent Hezbollah operations at the border–RFI-17/04/2013 (L’opposition syrienne demande au Liban d’empêcher les opérations du Hezbollah à la frontière)
Syria’s opposition called on Lebanon to better control its borders to prevent Hezbollah militants fired on rebel positions in Syria.
- Dozens killed in Baghdad cafe explosion– Al Jazeera– 19/04/2013
Up to 27 people are reported to have been killed and dozens more injured in a suicide bombing in a Baghdad cafe, a ministry of Interior source has told Al Jazeera.
- UN condemns Syria violence as ‘unacceptable’– Al Jazeera– 19/04/2013
The UN Security Council has reached a rare agreement on Syria, an issue that has divided it for two years, calling for an end to the escalating violence and condemning human rights violations by Syrian government forces and rebels.